Australia Day Honour Awarded to Peter Colliver
The Air Force Association of Victoria extends its heartiest congratulations to AFA Life Member and National Secretary, Peter Colliver, after being awarded the OAM in the Australia Day Honours List.
Peter has been a long-term member of AFA Victoria and was made a Life Member in 2018 in recognition of his service to the Association over more than 50 years.
The award for the OAM is “For Service to the Community”, as it also covers his service to community organisations not just to the Air Force Association. The nomination included the following organisations with which Peter has been, or continues to be, involved:
Royal Australian Air Force Association
- National Secretary, since 2014.
- National Vice President, Governance, 2006 - 2012.
- President, Victorian Division, 2004 - 2012.
- Treasurer, Victorian Division, six years.
- Honorary Treasurer, Ryder - Cheshire Australia, since 2002.
- Member, Royal Australian Air Force Heritage Advisory Council, since 2014.
- Member, Victorian Veterans Council, 2007 - 2013.
- Member, Victorian Premier’s Spirit of ANZAC Prize Central Selection Panel, 2009 - 2013.
Royal Australian Air Force Reserve
- Member, 1962- 1970
Australian Air Force Cadets
- Commanding Officer, Victoria, 1988 - 1993.
- Member, 1980 - 1998.
- Member, National Council since 2015.
Peter has given great service to the Air Force Association and to the community over many years and the award of the OAM is in clear recognition of “service rendered”. Thank you, and congratulations, Peter.
President, Air Force Association - Victoria
29 January 2019